We use our own and third-party cookies to optimize your experience on this site, including to maintain user sessions. Without these cookies our site will not function well. If you continue browsing our site we take that to mean that you understand and accept how we use the cookies. If you wish to decline our cookies we will redirect you to Google.
Already have an account? Sign in.

 Remember Me | Forgot Your Password?

Alliance Boots Acquires Minority Stake In Nanjing Pharmaceutical, Aims For Pole Position In Consolidation Of China's Retail Market

May 6, 2013: 12:00 AM EST
Alliance Boots acquired a minority stake in Nanjing Pharmaceutical, the fifth largest pharmaceutical wholesaler in terms of sales in China. Stefano Pessina, Alliance Boots executive chairman who led the sale of a stake in the retailer to United States-based pharmacy chain Walgreens, said China's retail market is poised for further consolidation. After selling 45 percent of Alliance Boots to Walgreen for about $6.5 billion, Pessina is looking forward to the second phase of the deal with the American retailer, which has the option to acquire the remaining 55 percent of the company for about $9.5 billion more in cash and shares and assumption of outstanding debt.
Andrea Felsted, "Alliance Boots aims to be in the vanguard of China consolidation", Financial Times, May 06, 2013, © The Financial Times Limited
China Business
Focus Areas
Market News
Mergers & Acquisitions
Companies, Organizations
Deals, M&A, JVs, Licensing
Market News
Developed by Yuri Ingultsov Software Lab.